Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Been a Long Time; Shouldn't Have Left You...

Hello, my lovelies! Oh, how I've missed you so. Believe it or not, I've been uber busy lately. You know, catching up on all of the latest reality television shows, and reading the latest issue of Marie Claire. I kid! Although, (small confession) I did spend a lot of time the past couple weeks reading lots of books that in no way shape or form contributed to my intellect. But hey, it's been forever since I had the chance to read some good, brainless books, so I can't say that I'm sorry about that. Other than that, I have been a busy little bee, trying to get a new endeavor up and running. If you're a loyal reader, you'll notice that ol' bloggeroo looks a bit different. That's because I've added my bracelet boutique, Hankook Soul to the mix! I can just hear you now, "Hankook Soul? Where did she come up with that?" Well, let me explain... (Don't worry, I won't get into the details of my bracelets in all of their glory; I figure if you're interested, you'll check the boutique tab out all on your own. You don't need me to hold your hand through all of that, now do you?)

This is the South Korean flag. I got it here.
You may or may not have realized (or known) by now that I am what some people like to call "blasian," meaning that I'm mixed with Black-American and Asian (specifically, Korean). Well, Hankook Soul is my own personal tribute to my heritage - a whole lotta Korean, and a whole lotta soul. You see, "hankook" means "Korean" ... in Korean; and "soul" is defined by merriamwebster.com as "a strong positive feeling ... conveyed especially by black performers." (See how I did that?) So, I felt like the two together really embodied me. After all, isn't that really what one is looking for when creating a brand? Hankook Soul is a part of the BnE Collection, which is featured on society6.com. I'm building my library of designs slowly but surely - please bear with me. It's hard wearing all of these hats: blogger, artiste extraordinaire, jewelry-maker and wife ... but I'm lovin' it.

So, now that the introductions are out of the way, please take a look-see at what Hankook Soul is all about. I promise you won't be disappointed. Well, I can't really promise that, now can I? Let's leave it at I hope you like (or love) what you see. And place lots of orders (I am a housewife, after all!). And tell all of your friends. And tell them to tell their friends. I'll be posting links to my Etsy shop soon.*

In parting, I wish you love, peace and SOUL ... Hankook Soul, that is!

*The hubs and I are embarking on an adventure in a couple of days, so I'm going to be MIA for at least a week. Try not to miss me too much. Hopefully I'll come back rested and rejuvenated, and ready to take on the world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment